Sunday, October 18, 2009

A great day for Tea





I had a lovely time at Auckland's newest craft market yesterday. Crafternoon Tea was a great success despite the hideous weather.


It was lovely to see some friends from The Devonport Craft Market selling there and to meet some amazing new sellers.




My particular favourite was the SofTings stall. Jennie Walker makes the most beautiful portrait dolls with handpainted faces as well as a whole bunch of other incredible goodies. Here are a couple of her dolls.

I've ordered one and one of her cushions. Can't wait to get them!




I met some wonderfully interesting people who came to buy too and was thrilled to see lots of my brooches go to new homes. This may have helped with that:

It was on the front page of the Herald Time Out. Several lovely people told me that they were what had brought them down to the market. A huge thrill!
I will be at Kraftbomb this coming Sunday so I will be making lots more before then.
Kraftbomb is on at the Grey Lynn Community Centre Sunday 25th October 11-2
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Ruby in the Dust said...

well done with the front page!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails